I’d like to thank the lovely confessionsofyourhusbandsmistress for nominating me! : ) I honestly didn’t think many people read this, but apparently one person does, so thank you! Thank you to anyone that reads the random crap I write.
The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Include the award logo in a post or somewhere on your blog.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Looks like I have 1 and 5 done…now for the rest, starting with 10 questions about myself…this could be hard…
1. I can’t read. Sound stupid and I’m sure you laughing and shaking your head me, but honestly…I can’t read. I memorize words, I have to see and hear it before I can say it. I am unable to sound words out, mostly because I’m dyslexic, but between the moves and change of schools when I was younger I missed major parts of learning and never learned how to read. I learned to adapt and overcome it, but have been seeking out classes to help me.
2. I love my job, more than anyone can understand, it’s so rewarding!! However, I wish I made more money, enough to where I didn’t have to work 5 jobs. Yes…5, you read that correct. Sometimes I wish I was very rich, however, I’m glad I work for every penny I have. I just wish I had more money so I could be off work and volunteer my time more. I like helping people.
3. I love reading! And hate more than anything when a good book ends! Despite my inability to “read” I love reading. I love getting lost in books, however I need a dictionary right next to me for any book over the “young adult” level. I love eBooks on my iPad because I can click a word and see the definition right away, that helps.
4. I love teaching! That’s what 2 of my 5 jobs are and I love every single minute of it. I love teaching new people coming into this career and try to make them the best I can. I want them to do well, I want them to be able to help their patient in more than just physical ways, I like teaching them to help them emotionally as well. It’s more about being able to work with people and help them emotionally than it is to be able to preform the skills. Knowing your skills is great, but it’s better to be able to treat the person more than treating your illness. Like Patch Adams said, “You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a patient, I guarantee you, you’ll win no matter what the outcome.”
5. I wish I could work less and relax more. This probably goes with number 2, but I really wish I had more time off. I’m getting tired of working so much. I should become a senator…make all kinds of money by doing nothing productive…lol I’m sure that will raise some political debates…sorry folks, please refrain, it was just a joke.
6. I used to wish I could erase my past but thanks to a friend that has changed. I hate the wounds of my past, but I am grateful for it because it made me the person I am today. I wouldn’t change that person for anything. I think I’m doing quit well for myself. I’m very mature in areas except for emotionally, I’m an adolescent when it comes to dealing with emotions, but I’m working on that.
7. I hate being sick to my stomach more than dealing with a migraine. I’d rather have a migraine any day! In fact, I deal with them on a daily basis. When I’m sick to my stomach I cry like a baby! I hate that feeling! And with all the medicine I’m on and the anxiety from my past life, I spend most of my time sick to my stomach, but I’m working on that.
8. I want to go back to Hawaii more than anything! I could see myself living there. I LOVE being in the county, but that is one city I could live in. I love water, I’m like a fish! Born to be in the water. And I’m quit good at surfing…and miss that bad! I can’t wait to do it again. I need money…lol
9. I want to be a writer, in my spare time (ha!). I want to write books, share my story, and organize everything in my head and put it on paper, I guess my blog is the first step to that. Organizing what’s in my head is the hard part, but I want to channel that all one day…I hope.
10. I wanted to be an actress my whole childhood, but I never even joined drama in high school or took any of the steps to do so, though many people think I should have. I don’t think I’m pretty enough for that. Probably why I never joined theater or anything in school, I don’t think I have the looks for it.
If you want to know anything else, just ask and I will answer. Leave it in the comments, I will answer anything that does not compromise my privacy.
Now, for the 10 to 12 people I want to nominate…I’m very sorry if you have already been nominated, I will do my best not to nominate you again! I promise!
Thank you for writing wonderful blogs! I love reading your stories!