I’ve been nominated again! Thank you confessionsofyourhusbandsmistress for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I love reading your blog and your story, it seems we both struggle inside our heads and it helps knowing that I’m not struggling alone.
With every award comes rules. So here they are and let’s see how well I can follow…
- When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure one notifies the blogger that one nominated them!)
- One writes up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
- One is not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated one’s own blog!
- One pastes the award picture into ones blog. (You can google the image, there are plenty of them!)
For the 11 random facts:
- I hate hotdogs and mac n cheese…crazy and unAmerican…I know.
- I love reading young adult books, my dyslexia keeps me at a lower reading level and I also just like the stories better.
- I currently own 267 DVD’s. What can I say? I love movies!
- I have a dirtbike. Just wish I had people that wanted to ride more.
- I love volunteering with my fire department, but I’ve been horrible lately skipping training and not showing up much. I don’t know if it’s the depression or what.
- I geocache while working. We refer to it as “road familiarization” or “street training”.
- I go to bed each night wishing I had the money to get help like I know I need.
- I have been planning my resignation at hell since June. I hold onto my letter and frequently update the day on it just in case I need it.
- I’m thinking about becoming a doctor (post about that coming soon).
- I have a few men after me, at least one at any given moment, but I can’t figure out why. I’m so full of problems and far from having any looks…I just don’t get it.
- I’m still having a rough time and struggling with my parents divorce (post on that coming soon as well).
Now for the 11 questions I have to answer from the person that nominated me:
- What are you most proud of thus far in your life? —- I’m proud of where I have come in life and how far I have made it, mostly on my own. I think I have come quit far in this life with the extremely small amount of help and support I’ve had.
- What place would you recommend I travel on an exotic vacation? —- Well, that really depends on the mood you are in. You can make it an exotic vacation, but even if you don’t I HIGHLY recommend you go to Hawaii! Best vacation I’ve ever had!
- When you think of success, what words come to mind? —- Happiness. Love. Family.
- What life lesson(s) would you like to pass down to the next generation? —- I don’t have much experience to pass down, but if I had to give them some advice it would be this: “Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive anyway. Life each day like it’s your last.” and “Don’t give up. Don’t lose hope. Don’t sell out.” – Christopher Reeve
- What’s your favorite movie? —- I love ALL movies, but if you want me to pick a few of my favorites (in no particular order) they would include, Patch Adams, Forest Gump, Dirty Dancing, Keith, Logan, Little Manhattan, The Blind Side, Hachi, Casper, Juno, K-9, Taken, Karate Kid, Stand By Me, Son-In-Law, The Proposal, The Sandlot…I could keep going forever!!
- What’s the best date you’ve been on? —- Any date with my man is great! He always treats me so well, either takes me out or we stay in…just any time spent with him is good. We had a very nice evening in Colorado last year. A friend had a log cabin up in the mountains just outside of Estes, completely secluded and powered by solar power, all hand build…just beautiful! Anyway, my man cooked me the most amazing steak dinner ever (with a little help seasoning the steaks by me)! Then while we were in the cabin it snowed, first big snow of the year, 10 inches! It was BEAUTIFUL! We got snowed into the cabin and had it all to ourselves…it was just the most wonderful time ever! He spent much of the time holding me close, rubbing my back, and just sat there with me. Best night of my life!
- Do you have a sexual fantasy that you wish weren’t just a sexual fantasy? —- Not anymore. ; ) I don’t talk about that much on my blog, but my man has pretty much taken care of any fantasies I did have. We don’t hide much from each other in that area.
- How would you spend one million dollars? —- Honestly…I wouldn’t. I would invest most of it and live off the interest. I would donate a good portion of it to different chariest or to people in need directly. I would pay off my medical bills too. And that is about it. I would probably buy a good size piece of land, or a few different ones around the county. I like space, land, and all of it!
- What’s the most generous thing you’ve done? —- I am way too generous! I put others needs above mine all the time. But as far as the most generous…I donated $200 to a friend when they needed it most. I sent it and made sure they would never know it came directly from me. They were so grateful, but I never told them it was me.
- What famous person would you like to meet? —- Johnny Deep! Totally!! The man is still hot! : ) No, I’m not after all older men, honest, but I would sure love to meet him!
- What is a new skill you’d like to learn? —- New skill…I don’t know, but I would sure like to learn sign language better. I really, really hope to get better at it!
Now for the blogs I follow (in no particular order) that I would like to share with you all:
- My Life As I Know It…
- Dirty Little Whispers
- cul-de-sac confessions
- Jottings and Writtings
- Being Her, (the other woman)…
- Being a Beautiful Mess
- BuckWheatsRisk – Surviving Abuse
- A May-December Love Affair
Now for the 11 questions I want you all to answer…this is going to be the hard part!
- Why did you start blogging?
- Are you where you want to be in life?
- What is your favorite thing about life?
- Do you have an animal you love and that loves you unconditionally?
- What is/are your favorite book(s)?
- Can you recommend a book I should read or a movie I should watch?
- Do you know any firefighters/paramedics/EMTs out there? Other than myself of couse. What’s their story?
- Describe yourself to me in 3 words. Would your friends agree with that?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite time of the year?
- Tell me a secret, one you have never told anyone.
Good luck! And don’t forget to add me to your award page so I get to see your questions! : )